Friday, October 17, 2008

Birthday Wishes and Mr. Big Dreams....

This past Saturday was my cousin Tracy Lane's birthday. So, in cahoots with my sister Diane, we held a little surprise party for her. We had all of her favorite foods, basically Mexican, with lots of queso dip and nachos on top. The piece d resistance was the birthday cake. Do you know she always wanted a Barbie cake but never got one? Well this year she got it and maybe more than she bargained for. See, we asked for a brunette barbie to put on the cake. When we got it home to put the final pieces on the cake, the Barbie was brunette, but she was also black. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the whitest girl on the face of the planet had a black birthday Barbie cake. We all about died laughing. She thought it was great and insisted on taking her home. Her gifts included Sex and the City the Movie and the Sex and the City soundtrack. She loves Mr. Big! So all around it was a success, maybe I should start doing this for a fee...hhmm...maybe not!

I've posted pictures that we took. It wasn't much, but she and the kids had a really good time playing with the balloons too!




2 comments:

Christina said...

I don't know what you guys are talking about...Tracey obviously looks very black in those pics. ;) You guys are awesome. I wish I could have been there. Love ya!

Shannon Sumner said...

how come I didnt get any birthday wishes from you? :P jk