Monday, July 28, 2008

Mondays....

Here I sit in the office another Monday having arrived. And although I am grateful its getting closer to my vacation and that my boss is on vacay for a week, there is one thing that keeps the dreaded Monday mantra of "I hate Monday" alive and well. Patients. Yes ladies and gentleman, my Mondays are overrun with walk-ins who have problems with their hearing aids, ears and all other types of medical conditions that no one should hear about, let alone know about.

Today is no exception. So far Mr. and Ms. Nasties have called or shown up to complain about their appointments that are not soon enough, can't be made soon enough or that they even have one at all. Please God if I ever get to be over a certain age, just let me die so I won't cause anyone else the pain and discomfort of putting up with my bad attitude. Yeah, yeah, I know most of these folks are old, they are on fixed incomes and its hard for them, blah, blah. But ya know what? Most of these folks have money, get free health care and are miserable because they want to be. My grandparents are old and have a heck of a lot more problems than most of these people, yet they are sweet and polite.

I guess its starting to get to me because everyone seems to have lost any semblance of manners. No one says goodbye when disconnecting a call, they can't be bothered with a simple thank you! Were they raised in barns? I and my sisters got beat if we didn't say yes ma'am and no ma'am, yes sir, no sir. All I hear now is yeah and alright..and the hateful "whatever!" Its bad enough people can't eat their food without showing everyone else in the restaurant what they are having for dinner. Its getting old and truthfully I am hoping to win a lottery or something so I may purchase a small private island in the West Indies where I can be alone and not deal with so many individuals who have so little regard for others.

I know I am not alone in feeling this way. This is a total rant entry and I know that, but I am not allowed to scream at a patient and its rude to scream at someone for being an idiot. I'd be yelling all day if I did. So, if anyone out there finds a magic lamp and makes a wish, please wish all of us here in the world with good manners and that we use them. I say that would make everyone's day!!

No comments: