Thursday, July 10, 2008

Good grief...

And I don't mean Charlie Brown and the Peanuts gang. Its been a long day, a lot done but a feeling of nothing being accomplished. Now here I sit, wanting to go home, but unable to do so because I was dumb enough not to order toner earlier in the day. For some reason I cannot fathom, small businesses (such as the one I work for) purchase copiers that you have to order toner from some other business out in BFE. What's worse, you can't get it at Office Depot or Staples. Just my luck, its almost out and my boss will freak (well, in the only way he knows how). I guess I will have to save all remaining toner for him and hope no one wants to fax us (yeah right).

So I am whining now...things could be worse I am sure. I figure I will go on home, make a cobbler (blueberry.......mmmmmm......blueberry), picked from our own property no less, which makes it even sweeter. I will bring it to work tomorrow, maybe they will be so overcome with the cobbler, they will forget about the toner, yea!! Now I am dreaming! First whining, now dreaming, whats next? Better not ask, as the possibilities are endless and lets face it. My problem is that I am almost always willing to try something once, especially if it is non-fattening.

For those of you reading this, thinking, good Lord, why is she writing, you may blame my very good friend Whitney Harris (physical therapy extraordinaire, all around American girl who belongs on the cover of a magazine for Audrey Hepburn look-a-likes). Poor girl, she had no idea what was coming when I was hired to work next door to her. She'll say, Oh Michelle...don't be silly, then tell me I am much worse than I imagined...lol. In the coolest and sweetest way ever!

I would put a picture of Whit and my family and friends up, but alas, I am still learning this site and have not yet mastered the technique. Never fear, I will get the hang of it and get it going. Much to their horror and my delight.

Oh well, I would write more, but I need to be going. Daylights burning and I have a cobbler to bake, other chores to do and a book to finish reading (stayed up till 1:00 am last night and finally had force myself to stop at the half way point!). I am sure I will have more to say tomorrow and more changes to make to the site. Until then, so long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Oh Michelle, don't be silly." I feel so honored to have been mentioned! I like your writing style. For reals. And the cobbler made me forget about everything! And I was going to say something else, but the cobbler is all I have on my mind.

Yay for blogging! It's an addiction!