Wednesday, July 16, 2008

For Example....

Unfortunately for me, two of my fellow co-workers made a statement yesterday that made me think. All I can say is....thanks a lot you guys! It took a lot out of me and my head really hurt afterwards. But, the main part of the story is that Whitney (aka physical therapy extraordinaire) and Kirk (the oh so worldly wise one..or so he thinks) stated that they were becoming just like me, after an unpleasant encounter involving some patients. Lets face it, at first, totally funny...then after I quit laughing I was a bit worried. I mean, for me well, that's just me...but I didn't want sweet, adorable Whitney and doe-eyed, naive Kirk to be like that! I'm sarcastic, absolutely politically incorrect and lets face it, I can be...hhmm...lets just say the list goes on...and on.

And so there it is. The problem. I am an example. Obviously, not a very good one. Yeah, I can be nice and I work hard, and I'm more than happy to help get your butt out of a sling..blah blah blah, but I need to be better. I need to watch my mouth, try to be less negative and look more to the positive (per Kirk, I tend to be a Debbie Downer). So, forget the swear jar (which was not working!!), I am now on a mission to go 21 days straight without saying a bad word. I will also work at being more positive no matter how stressful things might get here at home and at the office. I figure it will make me a better person and keep my fellow workers from shifting to the dark side (those mandatory bad guy masks they make you wear get to be a bit confining ya know).

The only thing is that my humour is so funny when its sarcastic. If you ever see me, ask me about the one-legged man blind date and the haunted hearing aids! That in itself is proof enough. I will keep you posted through my journey towards self enlightenment (or as Oprah calls it, your Aha! moment), so until then ladies and gentleman, I bid you adieu and bonsoir!

No comments: