Sunday, July 13, 2008

One Plus One Equals Four

For those of you that know me, my automobile is not the prettiest thing in the world. Recently, its been a problem of tires. I had one that has been going low for the past few weeks, but thanks to a small air compressor it has been keeping me going. So I go to Sam's to purchase a new tire and what happens? My front drivers side tire goes flat, right as I pull into the parking lot. I guess if its going to happen somewhere, that would be the correct area to have it happen. I can see one tire going out, but two? I see it as a sign to take no chances. I purchased four new ones. So although I am now four new tires safer, I am also $360.00 poorer. Its times like this that I miss my baby pick-up truck "Little Red."

Red and I had been through a lot over the years. Thunderstorms, hurricanes, snowstorms, ice storms, two major moves (not counting moving friends and church members) and many, many trips to the repair shop. It always got me where I needed to go when I needed it most. It is what hooked me on pick-up trucks. As soon as I save up what I need, that is what I will be purchasing for new transportation. I have my dream truck, a nice gunmetal grey quad-cab Chevy Silverado lifted, with chrome. You thought I'd go red, but I just can't do it. You can't replace one truck that you've had with another. Its just not right and its never the same.

Ahh, the memories. Where does time go? Just last year I moved back to the city of my birth for a final time. I just can't move again. I figure this is where I will always be. Thankfully I have many family members and new friends that I am making. I have a good job and work with good people. I count myself lucky. I can always find something to complain about, its my thing. But I am feeling a bit maudlin and am trying to look for the good in what is out there in this world.

So on that note, I am going to go visit with my sister, make lists for our vacation (cause we like to do that stuff) and enjoy what is left of my Sunday. May you have a restful afternoon....

No comments: